[THIN] Re: Off Topic: Netbooks

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:23:40 -0500

If you're interested in HD video playback. I like the new HP Mini 210 because
you can get it with an HD screen as an upgrade, 1366x768.  And they offer the
Broadcom HD accelerator PCI-E add-in.     For general computing, the 1366x768
screen is a must for me, and that size is not common to find so much on the
10.1" models.  The smaller screen with only 600 lines of  resolution are just
not very usable for me personally.

Outside of that, they are all just about the same.  The keyboard layout and
comfort with the typing should be a top deciding factor.  Make sure you get
something with a 4-6 cell battery (skip 3 cell IMO).  And get the new
generation Atom processors , not the original ones. The newer ones are more
energy efficient, so better battery runtime.