[THIN] Re: Odd problem

  • From: "Matthew McComas" <mmccomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:26:10 -0500

So it sounds like the same users from the same remote sites are able to
successfully connect to a few of the servers, but just not some of them.
This should eliminate any remote network connectivity issues since they
are able to successfully traverse the LAN/WAN into the farm to at least
one server.  Are the servers built from a common image?  Are they being
accessed from the outside?  Do you use the "altaddr" setting in your
farm?  Can you make a direct connection internally with one of the
user's accounts into one of the problem servers?  (i.e. right-click
server object "Launch ICA Session", etc.)  One thing you might consider
is if the servers are built from a common sysprepped image that was
deployed to the rest...there are a number of items you have to check
when the server is deployed to ensure they are truly unique within the
farm and don't have any residual references to the original server name
that the image was built from.  This can sometimes cause one or more
servers to not function properly in my experience.