[THIN] Odd Citrix Problem

  • From: James Hill <HillJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:11:45 +1000

We have a Win2k, FR3 farm running with 2 Zones.  Zone A has 6 servers in it
and Zone B has one.

Recently when users attempt to open an application that is only published in
Zone B Citrix launches, appears to go through the normal process of
connecting but then closes down.  It never reaches the logon prompt for the
server.

This fault occurs on version 7 and 8 of the client.

If however a user opens an Application published in Zone A, closes the
application, and then opens an application in Zone B it works.  Subsequent
attempts to open apps on Zone B will also work. (I don't know if deleting
their profile on Zone B server will cause the fault to occur again, but I
suspect it would).

I'm guessing that the server and hence the data collector of Zone B has some
form of problem but I'm at a bit of a loss!

Any suggestions?

Regards,

James.