[THIN] Re: OWA over IE Pub App issues

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:29:48 -0700

The idea is to avoid any change to the existing mandatory profile, which
is club-based and not unique to each user, and to attempt to maintain a
high user count on our Citrix server. We currently run about 110 users
per server with just IE as the published app. We start IE with a web
page "portal" that has links to everything the different club users need
(PS Time and Labor, web sites, web-based membership app, etc.). I
suspect pushing a full Outlook client would diminish the number of users
per server.

It does appear though that this is not an issue when OWA is launched
from the web page. It places the window focus in the foreground where it
needs to be. Not sure why OWA behaves differently as a published app
versus a web page launch, but it will definitely work for us the way we
would deploy it anyway.

Thanks for the help!

rob