[THIN] Re: OWA over IE Pub App issues

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:11:47 -0700

Why not just give the user the full outlook client?

Joe

On 5/22/06, Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm having an issue trying to run OWA from IE as a published application.
For some reason, the first time I open any window (public folders, email
message, etc.), it opens in the background. If I Alt-Tab to the open window
or minimize and then maximize the main OWA browser window, then any new
window that is opened will open in the foreground. If I don't do that, then
every new window continues to open in the background. This, of course, will
be unacceptable for user deployment. Anyone have any ideas how to prevent
this issue? Note that IE is run as a published application on a Server
2003/MF XPe 1.0 farm. This does not occur if you launch from a desktop so
I suspect OWS is looking for something related to the Explorer.exe shell
and of course, it does not find it.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

rob
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.