[THIN] Re: OT:Reporting rogue IP address

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:50:14 +0000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:41:27 -0500, Matthew Shrewsbury
<MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have contacted the ISP for the IP and they claim they have contacted the
> company and yet months have gone by and everything is still the same (I have
> reported this to them several times to the ISP). Is there any government
> agency, or Internet body that I can report this IP to in the hope that some
> action will be taken to shutdown this IP address?

Theres probably really very little you can do, especially if the IP is
in another country. If its in a "respectable" country (Europe/America
*ducks*) then you might find reporting them to the upstream ISP might
help, but even thats a bit of a long shot. Can you file some of their
junk mail to somewhere like Spamcop?

If you havent already, you might want to look at publishing a SPF key
in your domain name, at least for a few external companies, that might
stop their junk coming through.

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296