[THIN] Re: OT:Exchange Active Sync Push

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:06:16 -0400

I agree with pretty much everything Evan said, as we are rolling out 100 of
the Treo700w's by June 1st.

I thought pre-SP2 that it was a pull only technology, but SP2 added "push"
technology that really does what Evan listed below - sends an sms message to
the device when there is a change to the mailbox.  From the the device
initiates the sync.

It seems to work.  We have a bunch of Blackberries that use the BES server
and we believe the Blackberry, today, is a more secure solution because you
can encrypt the contents of the device.  I think you need a 3rd party
product to do that with the Exchange solution.

We are also implementing the mobile piece of this that adds security so you
can enforce your password policies as well as remote wiping.  That seems to
work as well.  I have heard it is not a lot of fun getting that security
pack added to the device and we learned that we can just order the Treo from
Verizon with the security software installed.  Much easier.