[THIN] Re: OT:Best Utility

  • From: Wood Andrew <andy.wood@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:10:04 -0000

The one in the W2k resource kit does :-

Use the /SEC switch to copy NTFS file permissions when you copy files to a
destination for the first time. For performance reasons, /SEC does not copy
security information for existing destination directories and files.
To refresh security information for existing destination files and
directories without copying file data, use the /SECFIX switch. /SECFIX is a
superset of /SEC. /SECFIX copies permissions for newly copied files and
refreshes security information for existing destination files and
directories, even those skipped because they are tagged as Same, Older,
Newer, or Changed. Files excluded for other reasons (for example, those
tagged as named) are excluded from all processing, and their security
information is not updated.

xcopy on w2k also allows you to copy permissions.