[THIN] Re: OT : workstation local admins

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:42:45 -0400

I like that script...nice and clean.  Good post.

>>> lnail@xxxxxx 07/10/03 11:27PM >>>
I wrote the script below & set it up as a LOGON script in the GPO.  It
adds whatever admins I want and leaves the existing groups there.  The
additional benefit is that if Joe decides to remove those admins, they
just get put back in at the next login.

------------------------
option Explicit

Dim objGroup
Dim strComputer

On Error Resume Next

' Variables that might need to be changed
strComputer = "." ' Computer is Local

'Create Objects
Set objGroup = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer &
"/Administrators,group")

'  Modify group memberships
objGroup.add("WinNT://DOMAIN/CHD,group")
objGroup.add("WinNT://DOMAIN/Deskside,group")
objGroup.add("WinNT://DOMAIN/ITSEC,group")

Set objGroup = Nothing