[THIN] Re: OT very slow when opening a file

  • From: "Justin Lazanowski" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:58:54 -0400

Rick,

It's a win2k system. And all of my win2k systems have control.exe on
them 8k standard windows file. Only this one MF server is trying to load
it at runtime.

I will take a look at network access but I suspect that this particular
problem has everything to do with control.exe loading at each users
runtime. The problem that I face is that I can't find anywhere that it's

Justin

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Vince Tan Posted At: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 2:02 PM Posted
To: The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] OT very slow when opening a file
Subject: [THIN] OT very slow when opening a file

Hi,  I am wondering if anyone else have this problem:

Recently, several of my Win XP machine running Office 2003 are acting
weird.  When I double click on a .doc or .xls,  it will hang for almost
a minute then suddenly, either Word or Excel will launch and everything
works ok again.  But it takes about a minute or two for that to happen.
If I open Word first, it opens up quick, and then click file open and
select the file, it works just fine.  This happen for almost everything
including all of MS office program, acrobat and etc.

Did I get infected by some kind of a virus?

Vince
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online Thinssentials Utilities Using the
latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical
custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, any further dissemination or use of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by returning it to the sender. You should then delete all
copies from your system and destroy any hard copies you may have made.
Thank you for your cooperation.

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online Thinssentials Utilities Using the
latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical
custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online Thinssentials Utilities Using the
latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical
custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com
#############
This e-mail, including all attachments, may be confidential or
privileged.  Confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because
this email has been sent to you in error.  If you are not the intended
recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this email is prohibited.
If you have received it in error please notify the sender immediately by
reply email and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments.
All liability for direct and indirect loss arising from this email and
any attachments is hereby disclaimed to the extent permitted by law.
Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven
technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL
provides custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and
specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

http://www.go-eol.com