[THIN] OT very slow when opening a file

  • From: "Vince Tan" <VinceT@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:02:10 -0400

Hi,  I am wondering if anyone else have this problem:

Recently, several of my Win XP machine running Office 2003 are acting
weird.  When I double click on a .doc or .xls,  it will hang for almost
a minute then suddenly, either Word or Excel will launch and everything
works ok again.  But it takes about a minute or two for that to happen.
If I open Word first, it opens up quick, and then click file open and
select the file, it works just fine.  This happen for almost everything
including all of MS office program, acrobat and etc.

Did I get infected by some kind of a virus?

Vince
http://www.go-eol.com