[THIN] OT: script help, searching for folder

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:28:48 -0400

I have a segment of script that I need to search a computer for a path,
but I need to be able to wildcard on the path, since the pathname might
not always be unique.  I have the follow section of code, but is is not
working, can anyone point me in the right directory?

Set objWMIService = GetObject _
    ("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colFolders = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * From Win32_Directory Where " & _
        "Name = 'c:\\program files\\symantec*'")

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id)6