[THIN] Re: OT: removing spy software

  • From: Marco Cortigiani <tuscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:08:32 -0400

Rob,
It seems to me that what you need is clear security policies. Users
should not be allow to install their on software and to remotelly
control their workstations from home. I think that this is the main
problem.  To improve desktop control, and security you should use local
policies. Applying local policy, since these pc are not belonging to a
domain, can be a real pain in behind. If you are looking for a personal
firewall try the free version of zone alarm.
Where in the world are you ? Holland? We stopped in the Amsterdam
airport for few hours on our way to Italy.

Marco