[THIN] Re: OT: removing spy software

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:22:13 +0800

Rob

Can you setup a rule on the ISA box to restrict the IP or workstation
of the user??  Then they would not need to be in the domain.    Have you
simply denied the sites (a lot of overhead but is effective.. :)  )

Regards

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 18/05/2003 16:36:52 >>>
Hei,

I'm faced with a network were more companies use one DSL connection.
One of the companies use Citrix, here we can control everythng, no
add.
software can be installed by end users
The other network though is win98 /XP clients with no server, they use
shares on each workstation to distribute data (foolish way).
One of the clients on this network has "Realtime Spy" software
installed, so
it can be monitored from outside, this creates a lot of internet
traffic and
it seems they can take control of her actions, we've seen downloads of
over
200M of MP3 on several days.

I've tried all things to stop it but'it seems the only way is to
reinstall
the pc.
There is a ISA server acting as firewall but it sees the traffic as
UNKNOWN.
The problem is that they are not in the domain where the ISA server is
working, so I can't create good rules to stop it, even with several
control
software they only are designed for domain level.

What I'm looking for is a tool to stop any traffic from any pc IP
based.
any help would be welcome

grx
Rob