[THIN] Re: OT: question for you programmers - REVISITED

  • From: "Shonk, Joe - Perot" <JShonk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:51:08 -0700

First off...  The "..change a 'ton of code'" phrase should be your first
clue.  If the guy knew how to program there wouldn't be a "ton of code" to
change.  Only a few sub/functions would need to be modified to handle the
database connections.

Regardless if he is using DSN or DSN-less connections, he should NEVER
hardcode anything.  That's what Registry settings and config files are for.

Joe