[THIN] Re: OT - printing across the internet

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:52:06 -0700

I am trying to avoid using Standard TCP/IP port because that will invoke
SNMP.   For some reason, MS decided that if standard is used, it will also
try to talk to the device via SNMP.

I already tried 9100 and RAW.  Also tried 515.  I have asked the printer
owner to determine if any changes were made to the JetDirect.

adam

             "Richard"
             <richardwbb@gmail
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: OT - printing across the
             09/14/2005 12:25          internet
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

When you use a standard TCP/IP port, Windows sets it to RAW, 9100 which is
correct. So probably the (printing) signal leaves your network on port 9100
but on the other side it is likely to be blocked by the router and or
firewall.

Richard