[THIN] Re: OT: populate AD user info

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:59:06 -0000

The slick thing to do, would be write a HTA - you could even use the
Microsoft script encoder to encode the scripting within it, to hide it
from amateur, prying eyes - which would be a (effectively) GUI front
end, just prompting the user themselves for this info - since users
normally have the individual permissions (self) to update their user
object.

Much of the vbscript / ADSI stuff would be the same to a stand alone
script - the advantage being you could have the users do these fields
(and only these fields) from a GUI front end, and be able to complete /
update these things, themselves.

Doing it via HTA alleviates some of the trickiness of authentication
issues that may blight / complex the issue, were you to do this by a
more rather traditional web / ASP type application.

Neil

(PS: if you want any tips or info on how to do this sort of thing by
HTA, then holler up - I'm reasonably sure it wouldn't be totally
off-topic, here)

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers. http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147