[THIN] OT: nt4.0 crashed, registry corrupt I think

  • From: "Vince Tan" <VinceT@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:35:20 -0500

After 2 straight power failure here in my area for two hours each,  my NT 4.0
crashed and will no longer boot.  The machine is an HP LH3000 with a NetRaid
Controller. The booth drive where the OS is located is on the RAID drive.  I
was able to use Winternals to booth up and see the system.  Glad to see that
all my data are intact.  The problem is I am not able to booth due to registry
corruption.  According to Winternals, my Software hive is corrupt.  When I try
the regedit of Winternal, I can not see the software hive.  I do have a backup
of the server  but might not be a complete system.   If I just recover the
files from systemroot\system32\config\ to the server, will that fix my registry
problem?  How would you attack this problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Vince

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat