[THIN] Re: OT: hiring Citrix Engineer??

  • From: Keith Duckworth <KDuckworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:45:17 -0500

And competition is not high where?

Where I am at (SW Michigan), there are 200 - 250 applications for every tech
job that opens up around here.  People who used to be Network Engineers are
now applying for the simple Technician or Administrator jobs, taking a BIG
cut in pay.  But hey, working for peanuts still better than unemployment.

I guess you have to be willing to pull-up your roots, and move if you want
to have a good job.  The way our economy fluctuates in various parts of the
US, you almost have to be willing to move every two to three years!

Also, this is a bad time of year to be looking for a job.  Job hiring starts
picking up around January and starts slowing down around June.

Keith