[THIN] OT: can't register some OCX's on 2003 Server

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:24:38 -0400

I have some in house codec apps that use a variety of OCX's, some of
them very old (one back from 99).  All of them have worked on everything
from 98 through XP SP2, but it appears many of these OCX's won't
register on 2003 Server SP1.  They get a standard LoadLibrary error,
which from my research indicates that some DLL's that the OCX needs to
register itself are not installed on the system, which seems valid.

The likelihood of these custom apps being updated is small, and some of
these OCX's are so old the companies don't exist.  So I'm not sure how I
go about getting these working, any thoughts?