[THIN] OT: XP Pro Printer List Empty

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:16:46 +1200

  I have a client that's got an XP Pro machine where I can't seem to create
a network printer. I run through the Add Printer wizard, which all goes
perfectly, but nothing shows up in the list. I've pointed it to multiple
network printers, but I never get a printer in the list. I'm logging on as
an administrative user. This is a new XP Pro machine that's fully patched.
Any ideas?
  They've also got an XP Pro machine that has a local USB printer which
shows up in print dialogs, but doesn't show up in the Printers & Faxes list
(and does print). Weird.

Thanks,

JD

than buying more servers.