[THIN] Re: OT: Worm Problem

  • From: "Bruce Jarrett-Norton" <bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:46:55 -0500

Thank you for this..

What we ended up doing so far is unplugging the machine from the network
and then we are able to stop the x.exe process.  Then we rename x.exe to
x.exe.bad that the o file to o.bad.
We plug back into the network and run all the critical windows updates
that are out there.  We do this because we did notice that our "newer"
more updated pcs were not infected.  Well that goes to show the problems
with only 3 it people for 200 users spread out through 4 states can do
for you.  We are now starting the SUS evaluation process.  Better late
then never I guess.

Bruce