[THIN] Re: OT - Windows XP Thin client PC rename / sysprep query

  • From: "John A. Vorchak" <jvorchak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:42:55 -0500

Anthony,

I have made components that, for instance, will do each of these
separately and automatically.  Each of these can be done through
applications, I don't know of any way to do these through any sort of
standard scripting due to the fact that you must access the SAM and ACLs
for all of these which is trickier on XP than ever before...

I don't know of any commercial applications that do ALL of what you
want, but you can do the first two (name change and add to NT4 domain)
through a lot of management applications (Altiris, etc.) -- it's just
the third (adding domain users to local groups) that is an unusual one.

If you want something turnkey for these three purposes, let me know
off-list.

John

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D