[THIN] OT - Windows XP Thin client PC rename / sysprep query

  • From: "Anthony Saliba" <anthony_salibas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:55:14 +1100

Hi

Im building a Windows XP Pro thin client build and have it all setup the way
I want it(all restricted in a workgroup).  I was going to use sysprep to
change the name and add it to a domain before imaging with Ghost.  I have
found an issue with sysprep where some of the icons don't work after a
sysprep so Im looking at other alternatives.  Im hoping to create a batch
file using command line tools or find an app that does the following:

- change the PC name
- add it to a NT4 domain
- add some domain users to a local account

Does anyone know how I can do this without using sysprep?

Thanks
Anthony

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded
Extremely Secure, and Remotely Managed.
http://www.netxinc.com