[THIN] OT: Windows Server 2000 X64

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:43:05 -0400

Anyone done any good reading or have experience using Server 2003 X64?
In particular, I'm considering using Server 2003 X64 with SQL Server
2000 64bit edition on one of my new SQL servers.  The box is a PE2650
with dula 64bit 3.6ghz Xeon's.

This box only has 4GB of RAM, but more will most likely be added.  I'm
not sure what kind of performance benefits I'd see, and what type of
compatability problems I may have. The SQL server runs SQL only (and
Double-Take) for high availability, so I couldn't forsee compatability
problems, but one never knows, the products are fairly new in terms of
official release.