[THIN] Re: OT - Windows Media Player

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:53:29 +1100

I'm happy to be of assistance. Many years ago I was soooooo frustrated that I
couldn't watch my
XXX rated movies without loading 100 codecs, then I found ffdshow and I've had
a smile on my
face ever since.
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Quoting "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms"; <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>:

> [...]
>

> Jim Kenzig
> Blog: http://www.techblink.com
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot
> Monetize your Twitter Profile: https://www.twittad.com/a/vA
>

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > ffdshow is the best codec. It's never failed me yet in over 4 years
> of
> > using it. It's a sourceforge.net
> > project so just google it and you see many versions out there. I
> use
> > rev2693.
> > --
> > Warren Simondson
> >
> > Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
> >
> > Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
> >

> > Quoting "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Need some feedback on the type of codec you guys are using in
> Vista
> > > for
> > > users to play video files?
> > >
> > > The Microsoft site links me too a roxio plug in or upgrade to
> > > Ultimate
> > > edition so there are costs involved.
> > >
> > > I have managed to successfully download K-lite codec and this
> seems
> > > get me working but as this seems to be shareware and has links
> on
> > > the
> > > site to reg cleaners and the like, I'm a bit concerned what
> other
> > > mal
> > > ware this is installing on the machine.
> > >
> > > Is there a know safe codec's that can be installed on Vista
> Business
> > > without compromising security or is It best to purchase
> something
> > > like
> > > the Roxio plug-in?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Ronnie
> > >
> > > Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
> > >  __________________________________________
> > > Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in
> Ireland.
> > > Reg. No. 45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
> > > Co.Dublin.
> > > Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered
> in
> > > Ireland.  Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road,
> Rathcoole,
> > > Co.Dublin.
> > >  __________________________________________
> > > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
> and
> > > intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> they
> > > are addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please
> > > advise by return email and delete all copies of the message.

> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist