[THIN] OT Windows Entire Network browsing

  • From: "Nick Crisp" <ncrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 16:54:25 +1000

Hi all, I have a curious problem that has just started to happen, and only
to my own machine...

When i try to browse to my network and clicking on my domainname using
Windows Explorer it pauses for 10 secs and then presents the following error
message

"(domainname) is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use
this network ressource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
permissions.
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"

Now this happens regardless of the user id ... Administrator or otherwise

Possible clue to the cause:
I also note that prior to browsing to the domain name i browse to the
Microsoft Windows Network Icon.. and normally there are two others Win
Terminal servers and Web Client Network, but since this has started the
second two icons dont appear either...

I would love to hear anyones ideas on what causes this behavior

(Running XP pro)

Thanks Nick

than buying more servers.