[THIN] Re: OT - Where are NIC bindings?

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:31:05 -0700

First off, you cannot have two default gateways.  This goes against the
TCP/IP standard.  You are causing more problems than what you are trying to
resolve.  Why not do NAT traversal on your firewall so that some External IP
gets translated to your Internal MF server?  This would bypass the whole
requirement for what you have explained?

"because we also have ICA async dial-in on these servers"

This isn't a reason to have a dual-homed NIC machine.  I assume by this
statement, you have actual Modem users that dial-in, correct?

Chris