[THIN] Re: OT: Wednesday humor -- Management Training

  • From: Tom Howarth <tom.howarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:02:59 +0100

If it is bad management joke day, have this Dilertesque one

A man in a hot air balloon realised he was lost. He reduced altitude
and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse
me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour
ago, but I don't know where I am."
The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering
approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 42
degrees north latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."
"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
"I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is
technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your
information, and the fact is I am still lost."
The man below responded, "You must be a manager."
"I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going.
You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect
me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same
position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

--
Tom at home
This Weeks Sponsor: eg Innovations, Inc.