[THIN] OT - Wednesday Humor - Modern Technology

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:57:34 -0800

Modern Technology

Three men - one German, one Japanese, and an Oregonian were sitting
in a sauna.  Suddenly there was a beeping sound.

The German pressed his forearm and the beep stopped.

The others looked at him questioningly.

"That was my pager," he said.  "I have a microchip under the
skin of my arm."

A few minutes later a phone rang.  The Japanese fellow lifted his
palm to his ear.  When he finished, he explained, "That was my
mobile phone.  I have a microchip in my hand."

The Oregonian felt decidedly low tech, but not to be outdone
he decided he had to do something just as impressive.  He stepped
out of the sauna and went to the bathroom.  He returned with a
piece of toilet paper hanging from his behind.

The others raised their eyebrows and stared at him.

The Oregonian finally said ----------------
"Well, will you look at that, I'm getting a fax."

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208    web:http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654               email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
  what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus