[THIN] Re: OT :W2K OU -> user. Moving Info Script.

  • From: Davey <DB1001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 20 Mar 2003 16:25:31 +0000

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 15:19, Braebaum, Neil wrote:

> When you say "address information" what do you mean?
Under the general tab of the OU properties you have :
description
Street
City
State/Province
Zip
Country

> Have you identified the properties you wish to modify on the user accounts?

On the user properties, Address tab you have similar boxes.
Street
PO BOx
City
Zip
Country

> It all sounds plenty easy using ADSI scripting - but I'd need to understand
> what you mean a bit more.

What I'd like to do is take the information from the OU general tab and
copy this into the users address tab - as much as I can.. Obviously
there are some differences. Each OU has a different address and so I'd
need to check for each OU and then all the users under that OU and then
write the information into the Users address tab. I'd then need to pick
up the next OU (e.g. OU2), check to make sure I have the info in the
general tab and add this to the users in OU2.. and repeat until I didn't
have anymore OUs