[THIN] OT: VMware question

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:41:52 -0700

Does anyone remember a while back that VMware was talking about
poblishing VMs to users using undo disks?

The way it went was that you created a base VM vmdk and from that you
could had the same base vmdk out to many VMs with each VM maintaining
its changes (user customization, custom application installations,
etc.) seperately.

Then when you patched, you only patched the OS on the base vmdk

Was this something that was being done on ESX, or was it being played
around with using workstation.  I can't recall but I distinctly recall
playing with it about two years ago and now I can't find a single
reference.

I am hoping some of you recall this as well.

Thanks!
Brian Ehlert
SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com ************************************************ For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: