[THIN] Re: OT - VM sizing for testing

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:32:16 -0700

I think the main point is that virtualization does not change resource
requirements. That is often missed in the "irrational exuberance" around
consolidation. Hardware virtualization requires the same exact resources as
the corresponding physical servers.

This starts to change with things like OS virtualization, but in the
hypervisor world you can share hardware, but you still need to make
available the same resources....

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453