[THIN] Re: OT: VBScript/WSH/WMI question.

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:34:22 -0500

Inside your for each loop,  check oComputer1.UserFlags, not
oContainer.UserFlags

HTH

Scott DeLagrange
mailto:Scott.DeLagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
678-415-3299 ph
678-415-2609 fx

|         |           "Chris Lynch"    |
|         |           <lynch00@xxxxxxx>|
|         |           thin-bounce@freel|
|         |           ists.org         |
|         |           11/18/2002 01:44 |
|         |           thin             |

  |       To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Re: OT:  VBScript/WSH/WMI question.

=20

Ok.  So I took your suggestion, and I have updated the code to this:

- =
Option explicit =20
  Dim oContainer, oComputer1, oNetwork
  Dim sDomainName, sComputer
  Set oNetwork =3D WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
 =20
  Set oContainer =3D GetObject("WinNT://AXCENT")
  oContainer.Filter =3D Array("user" & "$")
  For Each oComputer1 in oContainer  =09
             If oContainer.UserFlags And UF_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT Then=20
                 Wscript.Echo oComputer1.Name & " is a Server."
             Elseif oContainer.UserFlags And UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD Then
                         Wscript.Echo oComputer1.Name & " is a Domain
Controller."
             Elseif oContainer.UserFlags And UF_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT
Then
                         Wscript.Echo oComputer1.Name & " is a
Workstation."
             End If
  Next

MsgBox "DONE."
- =

I get the following error message:

C:\Working>cscript getserverlist2.vbs >servelist2.txt
C:\Working\getserverlist2.vbs(9, 4) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: =
Object doe
sn't support this property or method: 'UserFlags'

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris Lynch, MCSE CCNA CCA
Network Engineer