[THIN] Re: OT: UPS recommendations

  • From: "Keith Sirmons" <ksirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:21:19 -0600

I will third the Symetra LX.  Just installed the 16 KVA  unit last week.
 It went in smoothly and I am using the APC Switched PDU's to distribute
the power to my servers.

I am only running 8 KVA, but it is expandable to 16 N+1.

You will need a 100 amp line ran to your ups and 19U in your rack.

Keith

Keith Sirmons
College of Veterinary Medicine

>>> "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> 2/23/2007 7:35 PM >>>
i'll second the APC symmettra.  When wired right, you can do a lot of
different things with them and they are modular so they can grow and
change
as your needs to.

Greg

On 2/23/07, Roger Riggins <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: