[THIN] Re: OT - UPS and dual power supply servers

  • From: "Lee, David (CITY TREASURY)" <David.Lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:23:21 +0100

I had seen this functionality was available with PowerChute business
edition, the only snag being that all intermediate hubs / switches etc will
also need to be on UPS power.  Compared to a direct serial connection,
relying on a master server and network comms seems to introduce multiple
points of failure?