[THIN] Re: OT: UPS

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:54:32 -0700

Well... I can envision there are fancy things out there, like dedicated
network just for UPS communication with the server. However, serial
communication with the server is the most common and inexpensive. This
scenario usually notifies one server over COM2 which propagates the news to
other servers. Assuming we are talking about the MF Farm, it is unlikely
that you loose communication between your MF servers that are next to each
other and are on the same UPS when you have AC power failure. I will be more
concerned with UPS capacity and consider a backup generator.

ALEX