[THIN] Re: OT: Tracking disk thrash

  • From: Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:25:44 -0400

Nick,

ProcessMonitor or Filemon from sysinternals should tell you what's
accessing the disk.

Tony

"Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/13/2007 05:33 AM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] OT: Tracking disk thrash

We have an SBS at a client that is getting frequent irregular 100% disk
usage for long enough to severely impair users.  Are there any utilities
that could help me pin down what process and/or users are causing this?

Sorry for  waaaay off-topic, but client getting *very* antsy and you are
knowledgeable types.

Nick
This e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the attention of the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, this e-mail should not be disclosed
to any other person.
Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your
computer system.
Although this e-mail has been checked for viruses and other defects,
no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage arising from its
receipt or use.