[THIN] OT: Tip to get ink off of Flat panel monitor or equipment

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:59:45 -0400

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to pass this cool tidbit along.  We had a child at one of our
branches scribble all over a flat screen monitor with a ball point pen.  We
tried every possible cleaning solution to get it off.
As a last resort I remembered I had at home some of those Mr. Clean Magic
Erasers.  These things take off marks from just about anything!  Permanant
marker from plastic vanishes!

Well at any rate the monitor was pretty much ruined so I thought what the
heck why not give it a try on the screen.  The Magic Eraser removed ALL
traces of the ink in seconds and didn't harm the surface of the monitor! We
didn't even have to wet the thing! UNBELIEVABLE!  You gotta try these
things! They are great for cleaning equipment!

All disclaimers apply, your mileage may vary...you should try it on a small
area to make sure it doesn't damage the surface of the item you are trying
to clean.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net
This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register