[THIN] Re: OT: Thursday late humor

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:50:58 +0100

on a slightly different note.. I used to support a load of IBM AIX RS6000
machines running an applications called DOGS.  This application required a
dongle connected to the serial port in order for it to work.  Imagine our
numersous references to the dogs dongle and the subsequent help desk related
material.

Also, and even better, I once built a load of Oracle databases named after the
seven dwarfs. The SUN E10K these databases sat on was named Snow White.  So
you can imagine the kinds of serious conversations when Sneezy and Bashful had
both gone down on snow white and snow white had core dumped.  It was very very
messy, yet highly amusing.

Now I don't have a job anymore and noone ever talks to me.  What's all that
about I wonder.