[THIN] Re: OT: Storing Password with Reverse Incryption

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:43:23 +0000

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 06:35:57 -0600, Christopher Wilson
<christofire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All of that said, the only change I can see that happened to the
> service account to begin with is that someone checked the account
> property "Store Password with Reverse Encryption".  Anyone seen
> problems with this before?  I am on the right track in assuming this
> is a probable cause?  Nothing else changed on the account.

At a guess, I'd imagine the SQL server recreated various things
internally, and threw out the hashes (or whatever it uses!) it had
already, making the Citrix servers connections invalid.. I'd probably
also hazard a guess that restarting the IMA service could have fixed
it, as it would reconnect..?!

(Lots of woulds, coulds and ifs - ignore me :) )

Andrew
http://www.seamlessplanet.com