[THIN] OT: Sorta...Idea....Consultants Consortium

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:50:32 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I just had an idea for thethin.net.  I constantly get people asking me if I
do consulting or know of someone.  I do refer them to people that I know of
who are good who are on the list.

What I would like to do is set up a Consultant referral service of Top
consultants in each state/country that thethin.net could refer people to.  I
would charge a nominal fee..maybe something like $50 to set up a web page
for each consultant and have it in a searchable database.  I already have a
system set up on WorldOfasp that does all of this with an excellent "needs
matcher wizard".  There is nothing else like this out there! Go to
http://worldofasp.com/ and click on the Find A provider menu and choose
needs matcher for a demo. I would modify the needs matcher and pages for
consultants and for choices related to Computing. They  would be able to put
their information in and maintain it via a password protected page and
resumes could be added if necessary. A lot of work went into this system to
build it and the disappointing ASP industry has really made an excellent
idea and utility go to waste.

Questions:
1. Would the consultants here be interested in these type of services?
2. Is a one time fee of $50 payable via Paypal(MC/Visa/Amex/Discover) a
reasonable amount to pay for such a listing and participation in the
Consortium or should it be more or less?
3. Would you be even more interested if you had a "thethin.net recommended"
type logo to add to your business card?
4. Would a rating system be desirable? In other words customers could rate
the Consultants and the top ratings would appear at the top of the results
list.

What does everyone think.  If I get enough positive responses a system could
be put in place pretty quickly. Tell me if you think it is a stupid idea or
if there are already too many sites doing this. I know there is nothing like
our needs matcher wizard on worldofasp.com out there cause we wrote it.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://thethin.net
http://worldofasp.com
http://virtualdotnet.com
http://Portals.US
http://www.osmess.com
http://zoner.net

This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM