[THIN] [OT] Sonicwall and MS Proxy Server

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:34:04 -0400

We just implemented a Sonicwall 220, along with their managed
Anti-Virus from McAfee. Most of our client PC's are set to go out
through an MS Proxy 2.0 NT server and then to the internet via the
Sonicwall. The problem I now have is that Sonicwall sees just the
Proxy server's IP and not the individual clients'. Any antivirus
updates are not recognized as having been applied to the clients and
therefore every connection to the internet requires a reinstall of the
antivirus software on the client PC.

I don't want to remove the MS Proxy server because in Perfmon it
reports that it has a Cache Hit Ratio of 31%. Is this an accurate
number? If I allow the client PC's to go directly to the internet via
the Sonicwall, will I be adding 31% more traffic load?

Thanks for any thougths you might have on this.

Jan Broucinek, System Manager
Arthur Rutenberg Homes, Inc.
(727) 536-5900 voice
(727) 536-7168 x245 direct
(727) 538-9089 fax
www.arhomes.com

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com