[THIN] Re: OT - Software hosting

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:25:47 -0400

*Heh heh Futurelink. I ran a website back then called WorldofASP.com it was
before it's time in that it was a site set up to match prospective
customers with ASProviders. I had Futurelink as one of the sponsors. All
those providers that were in my database are pretty much gone. *
**
*Sadly that is the nature of the beast. I once had a hardware manager in
dismay tell me, "well I don't want to buy machines from this 3rd party
company because they may go out of business like the last one. I want to go
with Compaq." I quipped "what makes you think that Compaq is not going to
be sold either?" He assured me that they were so big that they would be
around a long time. Needless to say the day after we received our order of
800 computers, Compaq was sold the next day to HP. Moral of the story, no
company is infallable. *

*As the song goes... it's all about the Money, forget about the price tag,
businesses are in the business to make money, and once they have your
payment or you have signed on the dotted line, most don't care what happens
to you after that.  You are on your own.
*
*
We had this saying in our IT department, Jesus Saves, and so do I. Backup
your data and trust it with no one else.  Mission Critical apps need to
stay in house. Any business that has been burned one time by it happening
to them will tell you that.
Anyone who sells online data storage or app delivery will turn fire engine
red with that statement and demand the IT world has changed, but it really
hasnt, at least for the smart companies.
*
Wisdom by,
*Jim Kenzig
web: http://www.kenzig.com*