[THIN] Re: OT - Software hosting

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jeff.durbin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:51:50 -0500

Ten years or so ago, I worked for a company called FutureLink, which had
purchased most of the largest U.S. Citrix integrators in order to become
an Application Service Provider. This question reminds me of a project I
did for one of our customers who was going with the ASP model - a hosted
desktop in the FutureLink data center. This customer had the same
concern, so I configured his PC's with a dual-boot option - one for
FutureLink access, and the other for local desktop/network access. I
believe he was also replicating his data from FutureLink back to his own
location. I thought it was a bit paranoid at the time, but FutureLink
was bankrupt a month later. He must have smelled it coming; I wish I had
too. :)