[THIN] OT: Slow File-Open-"Look in" menu

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <PIGNATUSHA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Org Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:12:01 -0500

Hi group,

I thought I would ask about this problem I'm having:

some of my users (mostly management, of course) often have a weird problem:
whether in Citrix Excel or local Excel when they go File->Open and try to open
"Look in" drop-down menu Excel pauses for minute or two and then works fine.
Note that not all the users have that problem.

PCs are W2K SP4, Office 2000 SP3, In My Computer there are 4-5 mapped network
drives (through login script).

Domain is W3K running 200 native mode (still 1 windows 2000 DC), file servers
are 2000 and 2003. DNS, WINS and DHCP.

Sometimes all the mapped network drives in My Computer display red crosses on
them but if you double-click any you have access to data on it.

Can someone suggest a direction where to look for the solution for this
problem?

Any information about it is appreciated

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
tel. (613) 732-3675 #6150
fax. (613) 732-9986

--
The information in this email belongs to the Pembroke Regional Hospital
and may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use