[THIN] Re: OT: Set home page from command line

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:34:48 -0500

did you get this solved yet Jason?

If not here is what I do to direct my users to a different home page.  =
They need a different one when they launch ie on a certain server.

Put this in a text file and save it as c:\iestart.reg (or whatever). =
Change the  "Start Page" to what you need (tweak whatever else you =
need).  Then put regedit /s c:\iestartpage.reg in your login script or =
usrlogon.cmd or whatever works for you

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Check_Associations"=3D"no"
"Show_ToolBar"=3D"yes"
"Show_URLToolBar"=3D"yes"
"Show_StatusBar"=3D"yes"
"Show_URLinStatusBar"=3D"yes"
"Show_FullURL"=3D"no"
"Use_DlgBox_Colors"=3D"yes"
"Display Inline Images"=3D"yes"
"Anchor Underline"=3D"yes"
"Save_Session_History_On_Exit"=3D"no"
"Start Page"=3D"http://32.71.31.126/";
"Search Page"=3D"http://www.msn.com/access/allinone.htm";
"Cache_Update_Frequency"=3D"Once_Per_Session"
"ChannelsURL"=3D"http://www.iechannelguide.com/guide/en/en_us.asp";
"ChannelsFirstURL"=3D"res://ie4tour.dll/channels.htm"
"Window_Placement"=3Dhex:2c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,=
ff,ff,\
  =
ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,10,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0b,03,00,00,fd,01,0=
0,\
  00
"FullScreen"=3D"no"
"Show_ChannelBand"=3D"no"
"LastCheckedHi"=3Ddword:01c10eef
"AutoSearch"=3Ddword:00000005
"NotifyDownloadComplete"=3D"no"
"Expand Alt Text"=3D"no"
"Move System Caret"=3D"no"
"NoUpdateCheck"=3Ddword:00000001
"NscSingleExpand"=3Ddword:00000001
"Disable Script Debugger"=3D"yes"
"Error Dlg Displayed On Every Error"=3D"no"
"NoJITSetup"=3Ddword:00000001
"Page_Transitions"=3Ddword:00000000
"AllowWindowReuse"=3Ddword:00000001
"Friendly http errors"=3D"yes"
"ShowGoButton"=3D"yes"
"Play_Animations"=3D"no"
"Play_Background_Sounds"=3D"no"
"Display Inline Videos"=3D"no"
"Show image placeholders"=3Ddword:00000000
"Print_Background"=3D"no"
"SmoothScroll"=3Ddword:00000000
"Save Directory"=3D"H:\"
"AddToFavoritesExpanded"=3Ddword:00000000

Good Luck!

Greg