[THIN] OT: Services - running them with named accounts

  • From: "Davey" <DB1001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:12:12 -0000

I'm running a application as a  service on my W2K3 TS box . I've configured
the service to start with "log on as"  a standard domain user. Now the
service starts
fine and the application GUI works BUT... this application uses http post to
an external IP address.

If the user is just a normal (local machine) user.. then comms fails - i.e.
the session times out
If I promote the user to (local machine) "power user" - then comms works

If I log on to the machine via a T/S session with the account I use for the
service then IE (http to the same place as above) works if the user is a
(local machine) user or power user.

Seems permission based ... So where (i.e what tool) do I  add more
permissions to that individual user or a created local  so they have
whatever permission is missing from user to power user ?

Sorry if this seems a dumb question ...guess I'm like the question.

Davey

http://www.seamlessplanet.com