[THIN] OT: Server statistics

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:13:17 -0400

Does anyone know of a web site which may report (or claim to report) server
uptime statistics for an industry, for the US nationally, or globally?

ie, my TS4 boxes run (hypothetically) 98% uptime...my manager wants to
compare it to an "industry standard" to see how we are performing and I need
to find out what this mythical standard is.  I know the "holy grail" of "5
nines", but I want to know what the average is across the industry...a
report by OS would be especially helpful...

Plus, it has to be a statistical percentage, not an uptime report:  "uptime
of 198 days" is not useful in this case.

Any suggestions welcome...

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx

Please be advised that this transmittal may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or re-transmit this
communication.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us by e-mail (postmaster@xxxxxxxx) or by telephone (call us collect at
212-403-4357) and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you in advance
for your cooperation and assistance.