[THIN] Re: OT: Server Overkill?

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:42:51 -0500

That's what I'd recommend. The array will take a noticeable performance
hit if it's running in a degraded state. Using the hot spare will keep
that time to a minimum. I always go at least four drives for RAID 5.=20

Roger Riggins, A+ MCSE CCNA CCA
ACES Systems Engineer
* 319-287-3102
* roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx